Week 6 is complete for minor league action. Here's the latest from the farm system.
The Iowa Cubs had yet another rough week, going 1-5 against Columbus. Overall, they are now at 11-23. As for individual players of note:
• Trace Thompson had a three home run week.
• Michael Hermosillo had a 1.244 OPS week.
• Robert Stock continues to dazzle. He's got a 4 ERA for the year, but has been better then that shows.
The AA Smokies are 11-23 on the season, after dropping their first five games against Rocket City. They did win the finale though! For individual players:
• Javier Assad had two starts, pitched 9 innings and gave up 3 runs between the two.
• Brennen Davis cooled off and had just 2 hits this week.
• Darius Hill had a nice 11 hits in 29 ABs this past week.
Myrtle Beach Pelicans
The low A Pelicans are 17-18 after dropping their series in Augusta. As for some of the player highlights:
• Ryan Reynolds had an OPS over 1 this past week.
• Manuel Espinoza had a nice 5 inning start: stuck out 10 while scattering 3 hits.
• Joe Nahas had 5 innings pitched in 2 appearances, and also struck out 10.
South Bend Cubs
The South Bend Cubs A+ are now 17-18, after they split their series against the Timber Rattlers. They got no hit by 2 pitchers on 6/10. As for some of the player highlights:
• Yonathan Perlaza had an OPS just under 1 after some big hits in the past week.
• Delvin Zinn is now up to 22 steals, 0 times caught.
• Scott Kobos had 3 scoreless appearances, striking out 9.
• Burl Carraway had an appearance and gave up a run.
Play of the week:
Max Bain made a bat disappear.